Simple Example?

Sep 17, 2006 at 5:13 AM
It sounds like a very cool idea. Speaking about instant gratification - it would help to include a simple example on how to run a "HelloWorld" csr.

Do I have to build the Setup in the solution? I'm getting an error: CodeRunner-5205\CodeRunner\1.0\Setup\Setup.proj(32,11): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.0\wix.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
I downloaded WiX from SF and it doesn't build.
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2006 at 5:35 PM
Good point. HelloWorld is easy. Jost save the following in a file called HelloWorld.csr:

using System;

class Program
{
public static void Main() { Console.WriteLine("Hello World"); }
}

Now open up a command prompt and type HelloWorld (or HelloWorld.csr if you happen to have a program or batch file already called HelloWorld in your PATH).

I'll be posting a collection of more useful scripts this week.
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2006 at 7:24 PM
Oh, on the WiX issue. Unfortunately WiX doesn't yet have an installer, and to get the msbuild stuff to work you need to do one additional thing.

In the WiX 3.0 installation directory (wherever you unpacked the .zip file to) you will find two files: wix.targets and wixtasks.dll. Copy both of those files into a directory called "%ProgramFiles%\MsBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.0" create it if it doesn't exist). Then, if you have the WiX binaries in your PATH everything should build. If not, see the directory called EnvSetter for additional information.